First, What is a Subluxation?
Imagine, if you were to stack wooden blocks on top of each other and a few were turned or crooked. That would similar to subluxation of the spine bones. Subluxation is when there is an abnormal altering of the position of the spinal vertebrae (back bones).
Chiropractors define a subluxation as a functional lesion that is causing nerve interference, premature degeneration of the joint, nerve, and other organs that are controlled and regulated by the nerve. Medical Doctors define it a bit differently… as a ligamentous injury, an anatomical lesion that is causing instability of the joint, nerve complex. Both definitions relate to dysfunction of spine motion, and the harmful effects that can have on the person’s health.
One of the more serious and potentially disabling effects is progressive spinal degeneration. Once this process begins, it doesn’t stop on its own.
Spinal degeneration begins shortly after the manifestation of subluxation. Research indicates that the degenerative process may begin within 10 days to 2 weeks after a subluxation begins. It will progress until it destroys the disc and fuses the spine, If that is not bad enough, subluxation degeneration may destroy the spinal nerve system as it progresses, which leads to further health problems.
Subluxation by 4 phases:
- Spinal distortions visible on x-ray
- Abnormal nerve function
- Disc, joint and muscle swelling, inflammation of damage
- Minimal symptoms, if any
- Disc degeneration, decay and instability
- Abnormal nerve function and transmission
- Abnormal calcium production and the beginning of arthritic spurring
- Increase in symptoms or none at all
- Severe disc degeneration and decay, bone fusion begins
- Severe nerve interference, nerve failure begins
- Massive arthritic spurring, deformed vertebra and advanced calcium deposits on the spine
- Severe symptoms or none at all
- Muscular atrophy or weakness, permanent scar tissue and adhesions
- Complete spinal fusion, massive bone deformation and severe arthritis
- Nerve system failure, and possible nerve death
- Failure of related organ systems
- Muscular atrophy or paralysis, loss of feeling and numbness
Chiropractors are specialists at, Detecting, Correcting, and Removing, subluxations.
Best to treat the problem of subluxation as soon as you are aware you may have it – Or, call us, and we can determine levels/phases of subluxation.